To help you navigate your academic program, there are a number of processes that are in place. Some processes are conducted electronically, while others require manual processing with physical signatures. Forms included in this section are either Portable Document Format (PDF) files, dynamic forms, or HTML files that may be downloaded, filled out, and given to the appropriate university officials for approval. Many of these forms have been implemented by the College of Graduate Studies and have been adopted across UCF’s various colleges. Some forms are specific to CECS. Regardless, this list is not comprehensive and your department may have additional forms to support your academic progress.
Graduate students use a variety of forms throughout their careers at UCF. In addition to the ones listed below, other College of Graduate Forms can be found at: https://graduate.ucf.edu/forms-and-references/.
- UCF CECS Registration Agreement Form with Course Addendum — this form is needed to register for any Variable Credit Hour Course in our college (XXX 6908, XXX 6918, XXX 6946, XXX 7919, or XXX 7980). These forms are due a week before each term begins to allow for processing time.
- UCF CECS Override Form – this form is needed to register for an undergraduate course. These forms should not be required to access graduate courses, as the requirement for most graduate courses is graduate standing.
Program of Study
Each graduate student must have a Program of Study on file by their 12th hour in their program. These forms can be located on your department’s home pages and are simply the courses you have completed and plan to complete to meet your degree’s requirements. This form should be completed with your advisor. If you are pursuing a non-thesis MS program, your program’s Graduate Faculty Coordinator will act as your advisor.
- CECE – https://www.cece.ucf.edu/graduate/
- CS – https://www.cs.ucf.edu/academics/current-graduate-students/
- ECE – https://www.ece.ucf.edu/graduate-programs/
- IEMS – https://iems.ucf.edu/graduate
- MAE – http://mae.ucf.edu/advising/graduate-forms/
- Modeling & Simulation – https://msgrad.ist.ucf.edu/Forms.aspx
- MSE – http://mse.ucf.edu/graduate-program/
- 6000-Level Course Registration (completed by undergraduates requesting enrollment into 6000-level coursework)
- Restricted Registration Agreement Form (for enrolling in independent study, directed research, thesis, dissertation, internship, etc.)
- Doctoral Program of Study
- Master’s Thesis Program of Study
- Master’s Non-Thesis Program of Study
- Graduate Petition Form
- Traveling Scholar Form – To request that courses taken at another institution apply toward completion of your UCF degree.
- Filing your Intent to Graduate – The Intent to Graduate is filed online.
Committee and Defense Forms:
- Thesis/Dissertation Advisory Committee Form – Designate who will be on your committee.
- Doctoral Committee/Candidacy Status Form – Indicate that you have advanced to candidacy.
- Graduate Faculty – A listing of graduate faculty who can serve on committees is available in the Graduate Catalog.
- Defense Link – Submit your request to convene your thesis/dissertation defense. All thesis and dissertation students must submit a defense notice at least two weeks prior to their defense date. If you have missed this deadline, please have your advisor contact Dr. Ali Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a possible exception.
- Here is a step-by-step guide toward completing the online defense notice: (PDF)