To help you navigate your academic program, there are several processes that are in place. Some processes are conducted electronically, while others require manual processing with physical signatures. Forms included in this section are either Portable Document Format (PDF) files, dynamic forms, or HTML files that may be downloaded, filled out, and given to the appropriate university officials for approval. Many of these forms have been implemented by the College of Graduate Studies and have been adopted across UCF’s various colleges. Some forms are specific to CECS. Regardless, this list is not comprehensive, and your department may have additional forms to support your academic progress. For College of Graduate Studies (CGS) forms, please visit: https://graduate.ucf.edu/forms-and-references/
- UCF CECS Registration Agreement and Override Dynamic Forms – This form is a dynamic form combining both the CECS Special Registration Agreement and the Override Form previously used. This form is needed for graduate students to register for any Variable Credit Hour Course in our college (XXX 6908, XXX 6918, XXX 6946, XXX 7919, or XXX 7980). The Override portion of this form is only for access to a class where a prerequisite is required or for IDS 6999.
- For Student guides on how to fill out the dynamic forms, please see the Guide for Restricted Registration – Student Edition and the Guide for Override Forms – Student Edition.
- For Instructor Guides on how to fill out the dynamic forms, please see the Instructor’s Guide on How to Complete Override Forms and Instructor’s Guide on How to Completed Restricted Registration Forms.
Program of Study
- Each graduate student must have a Program of Study on file by their 12th hour in their program. These forms can be located on your department’s home pages and are simply the courses you have completed and plan to complete to meet your degree’s requirements.
- This form should be completed with your advisor. If you are pursuing a non-thesis MS program, your program’s Graduate Program Director will act as your advisor.
- CECE – https://www.cece.ucf.edu/graduate/
- CS – https://www.cs.ucf.edu/academics/current-graduate-students/
- ECE – https://www.ece.ucf.edu/graduate-programs/
- IEMS – https://iems.ucf.edu/graduate
- MSE – http://mse.ucf.edu/graduate-program/
- MAE – http://mae.ucf.edu/advising/graduate-forms/
- Modeling & Simulation – https://msgrad.ist.ucf.edu/Forms.aspx
- The College of Graduate Studies has both the Doctoral and Thesis Committee Forms in dynamic forms.
- For doctoral students (at a minimum), you must have three members from your department and one member from outside of your department. For both thesis and dissertation students, most of your committee members must be Graduate Faculty members.
- Before submitting either a thesis or dissertation committee for approval, please make sure that your Program of Study is approved and processed by the College of Graduate Studies. These eForms originate by your program’s Graduate Advising Office.
- To find out committee member status, please visit: https://catalog.ucf.edu/content.php?catoid=17&navoid=1479
- To initiate a thesis or dissertation committee form, please fill out the dynamic Thesis and Dissertation Committee Form.
- To initiate a dissertation committee form where you need six members, please fill out the dynamic Dissertation Committee Form – 6 Members.
- Change of Address Form
- Name Change Form
- Student Grade Appeal Form
- Thesis & Dissertation Webcourse (https://webcourses.ucf.edu/enroll/EREP7Y)
- Integrity Training (https://graduate.ucf.edu/pathways-to-success/#Academic Integrity Workshops)
- Binding Services for students who want their Thesis and Dissertation presentation bound
Forms for Research-Oriented Students
- Defense Link – Submit your request to convene your thesis/dissertation defense.
More graduate forms can be found at: https://graduate.ucf.edu/forms-and-references/.
Students nearing 21 semesters since their admit term will need to complete a 7-Year Plan.
Probation Plan Agreement
Students who are placed on probation by the College of Graduate Studies are required to meet with their graduate program director to create a Probation Plan.
How to Apply for an IRB
NOTE: You must complete CITI Training before submitting an IRB application.
Follow these steps to complete an IRB application:
- If you are a graduate student, new submissions require principal investigator, faculty advisor, and departmental sign-off prior to submission to IRB. Complete form HRP 251 and upload it with your study submission.
- Visit HURON and login with your UCF NID.
- Select “Create New Study.” Be sure to complete all fields with a red asterisks*. Please attach the appropriate documents as they are requested. See the IRB Decision Guide to help you determine which documents to attach. You must also complete forms HRP 252 and HRP 253 for any external study team members who are participating in the study.
- Once you have completed the process, select “Finish.” You will be routed to the Pre-Submission page, where you can review your information, and view the IRB Work-Flow Chart. This chart allows you to view where your study is in the IRB process. You MUST select submit in the left-hand margin for IRB to review your study.
- Once you have submitted the study, you can check your task list (items that require clarification) and track the IRB work-flow by selecting the study in “My Inbox.”