Skip to main content

Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Students:

There are two options for individuals to get involved in CECS courses without seeking a specific degree:

Option 1: Individuals not admitted in a specific CECS graduate program (i.e., PhD, MS, or GC) seeking to take several graduate-level courses.
Option 2: Individuals admitted to a specific CECS graduate program seeking to take several undergraduate courses as a part of an articulate plan.

Students should check with the department that they are interested in taking classes in to determine if they are able to enroll as a Non-Degree seeking graduate student. For either case, permission to enroll is needed. In general, non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid, assistantships, or fellowships, please contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance for specific details. Finally, access to these courses is on a space-available basis. The process of following either of these options is described below in more detail.

Option 1: Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Courses
This option is designed for individuals who minimally have already completed an undergraduate degree. This option is desirable for individuals who wish to take graduate-level courses prior to being admitted to a degree-seeking program. To register for a graduate course as a non-degree seeking student, simply e-mail with the course prefix, course number, course title and semester in which the course(s) are to be taken. Prospective non-degree-seeking students must submit an application as a Non-Degree Seeking Graduate using the online portal:

Option 2: Undergraduate Courses
This option is designed for graduate-level students requesting to take undergraduate courses as prerequisites for application into a CECS graduate program. To obtain permission to take undergraduate courses as a graduate student, individuals must contact the undergraduate program coordinator in the home department of the desired course(s). An override form for each course will need to be completed and signed by the undergraduate faculty coordinator. For example, Computer Science courses, see Dr. Mark Heinrich. Contact for more details.

Completion of courses as a non-degree seeking student does not guarantee admission to the graduate program. Other considerations are as follows:

• If you have your earned bachelor’s degree from a U.S. institution of higher education accredited by one of the accrediting bodies accepted by UCF, you may apply as a non-degree seeking / post-baccalaureate student.